Wednesday 3 February 2016

Fixing a broken heart

*May contain explicit language

Its that time of year again when shops are full of chocolate hearts and roses. Valentine's day can either be the best or worst day of the year so for people who have had their heartbroken over the past few months and still find the wound a bit sore. I took to Google and discovered that when you type in 'ways to mend a broken heart' its all aimed at women who have had a man break her heart but why is this. Men don't display their emotions to the outside world and keep them held back and put a mask on it. They hurt just as much as females. A break up hurts both people. So here is some advice and some tips to help get you through.

Friends

Whether your male or female you will feel the aftermath of a break up. Some can be messy, some can be mutual and some can happen just like that. Breakups are never easy because the person we thought would never leave does. The amount of emotional pain that is encountered while going through a separation can be unbearable but comfort food and alcohol is not the way through it. When I went through a messy separation I found myself suffering quite heavily from depression but I put a face on it until one day it cracked and I broke down. Talking to friends helps a lot. This is why when you get into a relationship you shouldn't push your friends away, when I found I couldn't talk to my friends I listened to either break up songs or ones that reminded me of the relationship until I found one day that I had stopped feeling anything for the songs that's when I learnt that I have to move on. 

Rebounds
Rebounds are also not a good idea and after having quite a few I can honestly say that from experience. Rebounds are awful because you get into an unwanted relationship with someone you don't really have feelings with just to feel loved. I had a boy who I got into a relationship that I really didn't want to be with because I had 0% interest in him. As awful as it sounds I did it just to feel loved by someone because I knew he had feelings for me. I got called a lot of disgusting things just because of what I had done but now I look back I regret it. So what I'm trying to say is don't go for a rebound it doesn't end well. 

Ignore
There will also be people who tell you that you shouldn't let go of the person who left you, well IGNORE them. Its Bullshit. If someone dumped you because of something so small like a little lie that doesn't really take affect on them then leave them. Find someone who's not going to be so dramatic. If someone left you for a reason like wanting to get their mental health back on the right tracks then that's fine you can wait for them to get back on the mend then try again if you still have feelings for them if not move on. There will always be different reasons for breaking up some simple like falling out of love (Mutual Break up) to Cheating (Messy Breakup).

I have had my fair share of shit breakups which hurt like hell but one day they wont matter anymore because you will find someone who can understand you and loves you for you. We all have a past that should be left behind but someone who loves you will help you find a way to leave it in the past. 
No matter how hard life gets as long as you have friends and sad Taylor swift style breakup songs you can defeat any break up. So keep your head up, smile and get out there you are free to do what you want don't wallow in pity because someone broke you. You need to find ways that kill the pain so you can start fixing yourself until you find someone to fill the missing piece.
I love you all and thanks to my amazing friends for helping me through some of the darkest times. 

Tweet us different ways you find are helpful when dealing with a broken heart or share some of your stories. There will always be someone there for you no matter what your feeling.
 All quotes can be found here: Pinterest: Quotes used in Blog Post

Emily xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© With Love, Emily and Louise x. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig